The Association for Physical Education (AfPE) and the Department for Education (DfE) recently announced that they are continuing their support to enhance Primary PE for all children across the UK. They are doing this by continuing the Primary PE and Sport Premium at the doubled rate of £320m for the 2020-2021 academic year!
Beth Tweddle Gymnastics believes that investing in the school workforce and high-quality programmes is one of the most effective ways of ensuring great health and well-being of all school children, as well as improving their overall confidence and personal development.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE, physical activity and sport they offer.
Take a look below how our Schools Programme meets the AfPE and DfE PE and Sports Premium Funding criteria!
Beth Tweddle Gymnastics Schools Programme
- We offer valuable Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities to staff to increase confidence and competence in delivering gymnastics lessons
- All sessions are 60 minutes, which meets the Chief Medical Officer guidelines of daily physical activity participation for children
- We provide whole school assemblies to raise the profile of PE and gymnastics in schools and offer the flexibility to teach any year group to ensure equal opportunities for all
- Our programme gives the opportunity to children who may not be able to access gymnastics outside of school
- We run Key Steps competitions and in-house competitions to showcase your children’s progress and achievements
- There is an opportunity for your children to continue with gymnastics outside of school with our Beth Tweddle Gymnastics Academy Programme
- We encourage individual leadership through warm ups and demonstration activities
More information on the AfPE PE and Sport Premium announcement can be found here