MY Leadership Academy
Introducing the Beth Tweddle Gymnastics Coaching Leadership Academy!
Beth Tweddle Gymnastics, previously Total Gymnastics, are working with British Gymnastics and using their exciting programme - MY Leadership Academy to introduce Young Leaders into the various roles and opportunities available within gymnastics, helping them to identify their strengths and the areas they enjoy, encouraging them to stay within the sport for longer and creating a larger, stronger workforce for the future for our club.
The programme encourages Leaders to complete five different ‘topic’ areas:
• MY Learning: Leaders are tasked with completing a number of different courses, both generic and sport specific.
• MY Development: Leaders are tasked with identifying a mentor and learning from working alongside them.
• MY Volunteering: Leaders are tasked with volunteering their time at events, and meetings.
• MY Future: Leaders are tasked with producing a development plan and completing their goals.
• MY Project: Leaders are tasked with identifying the needs, and running a project which benefits them/their club.
There are many benefits associated with following the MY Leadership Academy programme; some of these benefits are listed below:
• Improve your CV
• Make new friends
• Give something back to the community
• Learn new skills
• Meet new people and make connections
• Develop personal skills
• Have fun
• Gain a reference
The Leadership academy programme is free to British Gymnastics members (as long as their current Bronze Membership is valid). There is some cost associated to completing the MY Learning area as the Leaders have to attend courses and gain qualifications to complete this area, but they cannot particpate in coaching courses until they are 14, so they have plenty of time to gain valuable experience before then!
The academy is eligible for anyone aged 12 and above who is interested in finding out more about other areas of the sport, and learning to coach alongside one of our experienced coaches without it impacting on their current training.
To find out more, please download the information leaflet, email email@example.com, or speak to your child's coach at your next lesson with us!